© 2021 My Booking Story. All Rights Reserved.
Updated on 31/03/2021
MyBookingStory (India) Daksh Associates (hereinafter “MBS”) recognizes the importance of privacy of its users and also of maintaining confidentiality of the information provided by its users as a responsible data controller and data processer.
The information as detailed below is collected for us to be able to provide the services chosen by you and also to fulfill our legal obligations as well as our obligations towards third parties as per our User Agreement.
"Personal Information" of User shall include the information shared by the User and collected by us for the following purposes:
Registration on the Website: Information which you provide while subscribing to or registering on the Website, including but not limited to information about your personal identity such as name, gender, marital status, religion, age etc., your contact details such as your email address, postal addresses, frequent flyer number, telephone (mobile or otherwise) and/or fax numbers. The information may also include information such as your banking details (including credit/debit card) and any other information relating to your income and/or lifestyle; billing information payment history etc. (as shared by you).
Other information: We many also collect some other information and documents including but not limited to:
• Transactional history (other than banking details) about your e-commerce activities, buying behavior.
• Your usernames, passwords, email addresses and other security-related information used by you in relation to our Services.
• Data either created by you or by a third party and which you wish to store on our servers such as image files, documents etc.
• Data available in public domain or received from any third party including social media channels, including but not limited to personal or non-personal information from your linked social media channels (like name, email address, friend list, profile pictures or any other information that is permitted to be received as per your account settings) as a part of your account information.
• Information pertaining any other traveler(s) for who you make a booking through your registered MBS account. In such case, you must confirm and represent that each of the other traveler(s) for whom a booking has been made, has agreed to have the information shared by you disclosed to us and further be shared by us with the concerned service provider(s). If you make a reservation for someone else through the Website, you will need to provide personal information of such individual. You must obtain the consent of other individuals prior to providing us with their personal information, as any access to view or modify their information will be available only through your account.
The Personal Information collected maybe used in the following manner:
While making a booking, we may use Personal Information including, payment details which include cardholder name, credit/debit card number (in encrypted form) with expiration date, banking details, wallet details etc. as shared and allowed to be stored by you. We may also use the information of travelers list as available in or linked with your account. This information is presented to the User at the time of making a booking to enable you to complete your bookings expeditiously.
• confirm your reservations with respective service providers;
• keep you informed of the transaction status;
• send booking confirmations either via sms or Whatsapp or any other messaging service;
• send any updates or changes to your booking(s);
• allow our customer service to contact you, if necessary;
• customize the content of our website, mobile site and mobile app;
• request for reviews of products or services or any other improvements;
• send verification message(s) or email(s);
• Validate/authenticate your account and to prevent any misuse or abuse.
• Contact you on your birthday/anniversary to offer a special gift or offer.
MBS will retain your Personal Information on its servers for as long as is reasonably necessary for the purposes listed in this policy. In some circumstances we may retain your Personal Information for longer periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with any legal, regulatory, tax or accounting requirements. Where your personal data is no longer required we will ensure it is either securely deleted or stored in a way which means it will no longer be used by the business.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your device's hard drive. Cookies allow us to serve you better and more efficiently. Cookies also allow ease of access, by logging you in without having to type your login name each time (only your password is needed); we may also use such cookies to display any advertisement(s) to you while you are on the Website or to send you offers (or similar emails – provided you have not opted out of receiving such emails) focusing on destinations which may be of your interest.
A cookie may also be placed by our advertising servers, or third party advertising companies. Such cookies are used for purposes of tracking the effectiveness of advertising served by us on any website, and also to use aggregated statistics about your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements in the Website or any other website about services that may be of potential interest to you. The third party advertising companies or advertisement providers may also employ technology that is used to measure the effectiveness of the advertisements. All such information is anonymous. This anonymous information is collected through the use of a pixel tag, which is an industry standard technology and is used by all major websites. They may use this anonymous information about your visits to the Website in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of potential interest to you. No Personal Information is collected during this process. The information so collected during this process, is anonymous, and does not link online actions to a User.
MBS supports your right to block any unwanted Internet activity, especially that of unscrupulous websites. However, blocking MBS cookies may disable certain features on the Website, and may hinder an otherwise seamless experience to purchase or use certain services available on the Website. Please note that it is possible to block cookie activity from certain websites while permitting cookies from websites you trust.
Each time you access the Website your session data gets logged. Session data may consist of various aspects like the IP address, operating system and type of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the User while on the Website. We collect session data because it helps us analyze User’s choices, browsing pattern including the frequency of visits and duration for which a User is logged on. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. The aforesaid information cannot identify any User personally. However, it may be possible to determine a User's Internet Service Provider (ISP), and the approximate geographic location of User's point of connectivity through the above session data.
Your information shall be shared with the end service providers like hotels, service providers, cab rental, or any other suppliers who are responsible for fulfilling your booking. You may note that while making a booking with MBS you authorize us to share your information with the said service providers and suppliers. It is pertinent to note that MMT does not authorize the end service provider to use your information for any other purpose(s) except as may be for fulfilling their part of service. However, how the said service providers/suppliers use the information shared with them is beyond the purview and control of MBS as they process Personal Information as independent data controllers, and hence we cannot be made accountable for the same. You are therefore advised to review the privacy policies of the respective service provider or supplier whose services you choose to avail.
MBS does not sell or rent individual customer names or other Personal Information of Users to third parties except sharing of such information with our business / alliance partners or vendors who are engaged by us for providing various referral services and for sharing promotional and other benefits to our customers from time to time basis their booking history with us.
We may also share certain filtered Personal Information to our corporate affiliates or business partners who may contact the customers to offer certain products or services, which may include free or paid products / services, which will enable the customer to have better travel experience or to avail certain benefits specially made for MBS customers. MMT may share your Personal Information to third party that MBS may engage to perform certain tasks on its behalf, including but not limited to payment processing, data hosting, and data processing platforms.
Occasionally, MBS will hire a third party for market research, surveys etc. and will provide information to these third parties specifically for use in connection with these projects. The information (including aggregate cookie and tracking information) we provide to such third parties, alliance partners, or vendors are protected by confidentiality agreements and such information is to be used solely for completing the specific project, and in compliance with the applicable regulations.
In addition to the circumstances described above, MMT may disclose User's Personal Information if required to do so:
• by law, required by any enforcement authority for investigation, by court order or in reference to any legal process;
• to conduct our business;
• for regulatory, internal compliance and audit exercise(s)
• to secure our systems; or
• to enforce or protect our rights or properties of MBS or any or all of its affiliates, associates, employees, directors or officers or when we have reason to believe that disclosing Personal Information of User(s) is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing interference with our rights or properties, whether intentionally or otherwise, or when anyone else could be harmed by such activities.
• If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
• To comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenans, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law;
Such disclosure and storage may take place without your knowledge. In that case, we shall not be liable to you or any third party for any damages howsoever arising from such disclosure and storage.
MBS provides an option to its users to post their experiences by way of reviews, ratings and general poll questions. The customers also have an option of posting questions w.r.t a service offered by MBS or post answers to questions raised by other users. MBS may also hire a third party to contact you and gather feedback about your recent booking with MBS. Though the participation in the feedback process is purely optional, you may still receive emails, notifications (app, sms, Whatsapp or any other messaging service) for you to share your review(s), answer questions posted by other users or a. The reviews may be written or in a video format. The reviews written or posted may also be visible on other travel or travel related platforms.
The UGC that MBS collects may be of the following kinds:
• Review and Ratings
• Question and Answers
• Crowd Source Data Collection (poll questions).
Each User who posts review or ratings, Q&A, photographs shall have a profile, which other Users will be able to access. Other Users may be able to view the number of trips, reviews written, questions asked and answered and photographs posted.
You will occasionally receive e-mail updates from us about fare sales in your area, special offers, new MBS services, and other noteworthy items. We hope you will find these updates interesting and informative. If you wish not to receive them, please click on the "unsubscribe" link or follow the instructions in each e-mail message.
All payments on the Website are secured. This means all Personal Information you provide is transmitted using TLS (Transport Layer Security) encryption. TSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. Website has stringent security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Whenever you change or access your account information, we offer the use of a secure server. Once your information is in our possession we adhere to strict security guidelines, protecting it against unauthorized access.
You may withdraw your consent to submit any or all Personal Information or decline to provide any permissions on its Website as covered above at any time. In case, you choose to do so then your access to the Website may be limited, or we might not be able to provide the services to you. You may withdraw your consent by sending an email to email@example.com
You may access your Personal Information from your user account with MBS. You may also correct your personal information or delete such information (except some mandatory fields) from your user account directly. If you don’t have such a user account, then you write to firstname.lastname@example.org
You must atleast 18 years of age to transact directly with MBS and also to consent to the processing of your personal data.